Categories

Feb 25, 2018

Thinking Cap

Now that the bulky red hat is finished (granted, there are still some ends to weave), it's time to make some decisions.

The almost-but-still-not-quite-done Herlacyn afghan is one of two active projects on the needles. All it needs are the final edging and the last few ends woven, so the obvious choice is to buckle down, do the edging and turn this lingering WIP into an FO.




The second most obvious choice is to tackle the next strip in my plush rainbow afghan. While I've chatted about other things, I've been quietly working this in the background, and as a result, three out of five strips are done. It's been too grey and overcast to take pictures, so this is the most current shot available:





But why go with the obvious when one can indulge in some knitterly angst? Perhaps I should cast on the soft, simple gradient shawl, the one I've been spent so much time swatching and longing for. 



Or, I could succumb to the overwhelming temptation to whip up a quick pair of fingerless mitts in bulky red yarn to coordinate with my cheery red hat.




All of these are logical options, but somehow, in a moment of distraction, a completely different project crept onto the needles. 




It's another fast and easy hat, literally a "thinking cap," since I might as well keep my hands busy knitting while I figure out which project to tackle next. 


Connecting with the linkups in the sidebar.

6 comments:

  1. Can’t wait for Heraclyn! It looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like it, thank you! It's a super fast and easy knit, but the finishing has taken awhile simply because I keep allowing myself to get distracted : ) Time to buckle down and go for the FO!

      Delete
  2. That's a real knitter's way to handle thinking about what to knit next ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your hat!!!! going to see if pattern available :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like it, Helen, thanks! Unfortunately, the pattern is not yet available ;)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I read and enjoy each and every comment. If you have questions, share those too, and I'll do my best to respond.
-b