Categories

Nov 25, 2018

Leftovers

In America, Thanksgiving is the ultimate holiday for leftovers. If your extended family is like mine, it's difficult to have too much turkey and too many delectable side dishes and desserts, because any remainders will be systematically gobbled up over the course of the long weekend.

In the spirit of this holiday, I've spent the weekend counting my blessings and wallowing in the basics: family, turkey, friends, turkey, dishes, turkey, errands ... and more turkey. I also seized the opportunity to indulge in some quality knitting time and to deal with leftovers of another sort.



The three pairs of warm, woolly mitts-in-progress, which have been patiently waiting for me to summon the time and attention to seam them, have finally become wearable FOs. I'll do my best to capture some modeled shots, but for now, these simple pics will have to suffice.



Meanwhile, I'm going to (try to) stay focused on the two outstanding afghans that require some finishing before they can be declared complete, along with the new projects (yes, plural) I accidentally cast on in a turkey-induced haze. If those things happen, I'll soon be able to share more FO details with you.


Connecting with the linkups in the sidebar.

2 comments:

  1. Those mitts look so cozy and warm to wear. Good you had a nice Thanksgiving and had some time to knit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa, they are warm and cozy - just what I need now that cold weather has arrived! Hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving, too.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I read and enjoy each and every comment. If you have questions, share those too, and I'll do my best to respond.
-b