Categories

Mar 6, 2013

WIP | Fiery Nimbus Grows

The Fiery Nimbus continues to grow. Between the bulky yarn and simple pattern, it's a fairly quick knit. If I were following the original pattern for the cropped jacket, this would be finished or nearly so.

But who wants to follow the pattern, right?

Highlights

The back is completed. The shoulder stitches have been bound off, and the collar stitches are on a holder waiting to be picked up later. The left front panel is well underway, and tonight I plan to finish shaping the armhole and perhaps start the right front panel. (Isn't this exciting?)

I outlined the project details and planned modifications in an earlier post, so I won't bore you by repeating them here.



At this stage, the pieces and parts look unimpressive. When they all come together, however, I think (hope) I'll have a versatile sweater with simple lines that's easy to throw on and wear almost anywhere.

In fact, I wish it were finished so I could wear it today. We woke up to a fresh coating of 4-6 inches of snow. Layered over ice from yesterday's cold rain, it's lovely to look at, but treacherous to traverse.

In lieu of a warm wool sweater, I'm swathed in the Swafghan and sporting fingerless mitts, as usual.

Tell me, what's on your needles? What hand knits are you wearing or using today? Then, check out Tami's Amis for more projects and WIPs.

2 comments:

  1. It's cold here, too, so I'm wearing layers ... lots and lots of layers including a turtleneck, vest and bulky cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here. Am working on a sweater I'd be wearing today - IF it were finished. Must. Knit. Faster.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I read and enjoy each and every comment. If you have questions, share those too, and I'll do my best to respond.
-b