Categories

Nov 17, 2019

FO | Kintra Cowl Red Cash Silk

Just in time for cold weather, the red Kintra cowl is finished. Over the past month or so, you've seen glimpses of this project, but for the most part, it's been something I've quietly been knitting in the background. 


With the first version, Kintra Nearly Neutral, I worked a longer length that could be worn wrapped and buttoned as a cowl or open as a scarf. For this version, I went with a shorter length and a large statement button. The bright red will spark up my neutral wardrobe, while the button will coordinate nicely with the black sweater and turtleneck with which it will likely be worn. If I grow bored with the look, the button can easily be replaced since it's removable
Cash Silk, a sport weight blend of extra fine merino, silk and cashmere, is wonderfully soft and it knits up beautifully, The reversible rounded rib is plush and stretchy, and the finished fabric is light, soft and luxurious. To preserve the deep, cushy ribs, I opted to lightly steam rather than wet block this piece.
Kintra Reversible Cowl
Pattern: Just released!
Yarn: Cash Silk (Zegna Baruffa)
Needles: US 8 (5 mm) and US 9 (5.5 mm)
Yardage: ~165 yards
Dimensions: 5 x 25 ins


For the most part I don't do matchy-matchy accessories, choosing instead to change up the stitch or color mix. I'm so pleased with this simple cowl, however, I'm fighting the urge to cast on a pair of bright red Kintra mitts and create a matched set ideal for the holidays and winter weather ahead.

Since there's no such thing as too many mitts, I strongly suspect this is a battle I will lose.



RELATED




2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love that red! It's a wonderful colour, and with the cashmere and silk, it should be lovely for the cold weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it's a lovely red (but it's a bear to photograph accurately)! It's light and super soft, so it should see plenty of wear when winter weather arrives.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I read and enjoy each and every comment. If you have questions, share those too, and I'll do my best to respond.
-b