Categories

Jun 20, 2012

FO | Teal Flair Finished Finally

My teal Flair is blocked, finished and ready to wear. Outside it's roughly 100 degrees (F), at least, that’s how it feels. Looking on the bright side, I have my first fall sweater finished and ready to wear as soon as the weather turns cool.


Highlights
Pattern:  Flair (Wendy Bernard)
Yarn: Merino 5 (Crystal Palace)
Used: 11 skeins (1210 yards)
Needles: US 10 (6mm)
Ravelry Notes: Here

Modifications
  • Centered button band
  • Included top button holes only
  • Lengthened body and sleeves
  • Added ease to fit over turtlenecks in the fall
  • Made armholes slightly deeper
  • Widened seed stitch borders to 2”
  • Used crossed stockinette (ktbl) for body


Next Time

If I were to knit this same pattern in this same yarn, I’d go down at least one needle size for a slightly firmer fabric. The current version is drapey and stretchy, but I think it will be inclined to grow over time. (I’m tempted to frog and reknit this, but for now it's fine.)

This is the first superwash yarn I've ever worked with. I liked Merino 5 and will use it again.

_____________________________

WIP | Teal Flair (1)
WIP | Teal Flair (2)


Photos: courtesy of Robin Feld Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I read and enjoy each and every comment. If you have questions, share those too, and I'll do my best to respond.
-b