Categories

Jul 1, 2012

Year of Projects 2012


Sometimes, I can be rather oblivious. I only recently discovered the popular Year of Projects concept, and after some thought, it seems like a good way to capture and track my progress against stated goals.

So, I’m rather late to the party, but I’m defining Year of Projects goals for 2012. I’m using the calendar year (January-December) rather than the official July 2012-June 2013 timeframe. Since I'm not following the YOP 2012-2013 model, I designed my own simple icon.

My primary goals for the remainder of 2012 are:
  • Continue to destash
  • Organize yarn, patterns, tools, etc.
  • Donate select surplus yarn
  • Participate in at least one KAL


You can click here or click the Year of Projects link in the right sidebar to see the details.

There's a popular business axiom that says that which gets defined and measured gets done. I plan to do a roundup at the end of the year to measure my own progress. Sadly, years of experience has taught me that setting goals and meeting goals are two very separate things.

Right now, however, it just feels good to have specific goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I read and enjoy each and every comment. If you have questions, share those too, and I'll do my best to respond.
-b