Categories

Jun 14, 2017

WIP | Herlacyn Heatwave

Have you ever had a project simply elbow its way onto the needles? That's precisely what happened here:



As a general rule, I try to have no more than one large project on the needles at a time. Since I was already eyebrow-deep working on the summer rainbow afghan, I was determined to wait, but this hot little number just wouldn't take no for an answer.



This afghan is the first project using one of the gradient combos we looked at a few weeks ago, and I'm eager to see how it works out. Each strip will incorporate a slightly different mix of these colors, ranging from light to deep:
If things work out as planned (feel free to laugh, I am), the colors will create a warm gradient that travels across the finished afghan on a diagonal path from the lower left to the upper right and create a cheerful harlequin pattern.

There's no doubt about it, having two afghans on the needles slowed my knitting progress to a crawl, but hopefully the final results will be worth the wait. The rainbow design is currently in the finishing stages, and once it's done, I hope to see Heatwave move from a snail's crawl to a turtle's ponderous but comparatively peppy pace.

What unexpected projects have found their way onto your needles lately?


Connecting with the linkups in the sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I read and enjoy each and every comment. If you have questions, share those too, and I'll do my best to respond.
-b