Categories

Jul 15, 2018

Slow Mo

Between a rapid series of deadlines and the normal turmoil of life, knitting has been occurring in slow motion. Yes, it's happening, but headway is so gradual you could blink 20 times and not miss a thing. 



In spite of this turtle-like pace, progress has occurred. The fifth and final light rose section has been finished and bound off. 



Now, I'm weaving the ends at the color transitions and prepping the scarf for blocking, which means the end is in sight.



The fabric is light and drapey even in its unblocked state, so I couldn't resist. I had to take a few minutes, pat it into place, and admire how the marling technique helps this five-stage gradient fade smoothly from solid magenta to fuchsia and then light rose. 


The next time you see this project, it will be finished, blocked and ready to wear, but you certainly haven't seen the last of this yarn. I have to confess, I'm so enamored with this particular ombre effect, I'm already experimenting with fresh possibilities. Stay tuned.


RELATED




Connecting with the linkups in the sidebar.

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by! I read and enjoy each and every comment. If you have questions, share those too, and I'll do my best to respond.
-b