Categories

Dec 12, 2012

WIP | Christmas Trees

As part of the Project:Stash Holiday Sparkle KAL, I'm knitting Christmas trees. Lots and lots of trees.

The pattern is Christmas Tree by Baibe Dzelme. It's a fast, easy knit and I’m working solely from stash to use up the last of the KnitPicks Merino Style yarn. It pills terribly, but in this application it should be just fine.

Minor Modifications
  • Used twisted garter throughout
  • Knit edge stitches through the back loop (tbl)
  • Knit designated purl stitches tbl
  • Added extra row or two in first (bottom) section
  • Used cable CO throughout
  • Blocked to reduce curl created by twisted stitch
Dimensions: 4.5” wide x 4.5” tall
Ravelry notes: Here

Update

Completed 13 trees before I ran out of yarn (5 green, 4 white, 4 red).

Note to self: Consider trying this same pattern in a plush, deep green chenille. Could be particularly charming.

2 comments:

  1. Oh these are so cute! My little one has a little tree in her room. She was peeking over my shoulder as this popped up & she exclaimed “Oh Momma I NEED one of those for my tree!” So guess what I’ll be doing this afternoon? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little girl sounds delightful and you're a sweet mother. Lucky for you, these are a fast and easy knit. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I read and enjoy each and every comment. If you have questions, share those too, and I'll do my best to respond.
-b