Categories

Oct 4, 2013

FO | Breidan Reversible Afghan (Lake)

Yep, it's about time.


Breidan, the reversible cable rib afghan in shades of blue, is finished and the last few ends have been woven in. Finally. Took me long enough, didn't it?!


It's still unblocked, but with luck (and a bit of time) that will be accomplished this weekend.

As you well know, finishing isn't my favorite activity, but even I'm amazed at how long this task has been on my To Do list. I've learned from experience that to do a proper job, however, I need a few things. The right mind set. Plenty of patience. The ability to focus. A large, unscheduled block in my calendar.

I've been short on all of these lately, but I'm working to regain them. It's about time, too.

Breidan | Fast & Easy Reversible Afghan
Yarn: Worsted Weight
Yarn Shown: Cotton Fleece (Brown Sheep)
Needles: US 7 (4.5 mm) and US 9 (5.5 mm)
Sizes: SML (baby-lapghan-throw)


UPDATE
The pattern is now available. To read the description and buy the pattern, click here. (Remember, you can purchase patterns through Ravelry even if you're not a member.)

5 comments:

  1. All those shades of blue are so nice and soothing together.

    The right mind set + plenty of patience + the ability to focus ... I need to take a page out of your book and work to restore them in my life too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been waiting to see this ~ it's soooo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh.. finishing isn't my favourite part either! I agree you have to be in the right 'mood' for finishing up a project! But I love how your afghan is looking! I think you'll be so happy and satisfied once it's blocked!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these colors. How do you get the strips to end in a scallop?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question, Noni. The scallop forms naturally because of the way the stitches are worked, no extra steps are required. It's a small detail, but it adds a nice touch I think.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I read and enjoy each and every comment. If you have questions, share those too, and I'll do my best to respond.
-b