Categories

Jan 30, 2018

Clean Slate

I very much wanted to start this year with as close to a clean slate as possible. So with that goal in mind, I made a difficult but logical decision to allow Herlacyn to hibernate while I cranked out a handful of quick holiday knits and focused on finishing a cluster of scarves, cowls and mitts.

Now, the time has come to wake Herlacyn from its winter slumber and bring this project to completion. When last you saw it, it was seamed and ready for a border.




That work is now well underway, and with a bit of time and attention, the border will soon be completed. 

To minimize the amount of finishing required, I've been weaving most (but not all) ends as I go. 



The bad news? This tends to slow down my already slow knitting speed. The good news? In theory, once the borders are worked there will be just a few remaining ends to tackle. Then I'll have my first major finished project for the new year, and that will be a very good feeling, indeed.


RELATED





Connecting with the linkups in the sidebar.

6 comments:

  1. oooh pretty! Love those colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emily, have to confess, with the cold weather we're having these warm colors are especially appealing!

      Delete
  2. It is such a pretty combo of colors! I, too, am a slow knitter. But, I am trying to get a little faster! Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to get a little faster, too, but meanwhile all of us who are slow knitters have to band together and embrace our skills - just as they are : )

      Delete
  3. So pretty! The colors are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback, Liz, am glad to know this combo works!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I read and enjoy each and every comment. If you have questions, share those too, and I'll do my best to respond.
-b