Categories

Mar 4, 2018

FO | The Thinking Cap Works

A series of non-knitterly things are demanding an extraordinary amount of time and energy, but I wanted to share an update on the Thinking Cap. 

It's done, and as simple as it is, it's delivering on every front. Soft, stretchy, light but warm, it features one of my favorite slipped rib stitches (Kintra Mitts). Worsted weight yarn meant it knit up quickly, and the simple five stage gradient worked in a mirror pattern (front: black to cream, back: cream to black) allowed me to use up leftovers from previous projects.



Kintra Thinking Cap
Pattern: Improvised
Yarn: Amherst (Valley Yarns)
Needles: US 10 (5 mm)
Yardage: ~135 yards
Size: L (21-22 ins 
circumference)

I opted for a neutral combo sparked with a touch of burgundy red. As a result, the Thinking Cap coordinates with my Grey Daze shawl ...


and Grey Daze mitts, especially since I typically wear these pieces with a black turtleneck or cardigan.




It also works beautifully with my Dojeling Wineberry kerchief, which because it's so light and adaptable is still one of my all-time favorite accessories, .



The Thinking Cap delivered on the intangible front as well. As you know, I started this quick knit because I was wrestling with different project and WIP options, and wanted to keep busy while I sorted out things. It did its job, and as soon as the cap was off the needles and trimmed, I devoted some much needed attention to the Herlacyn afghan, which has been patiently waiting in the wings.

Who knew a simple little thinking cap would work so well?


Connecting with the linkups in the sidebar.

8 comments:

  1. always admire you lovely work ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you, Helen, what a nice thing to say! I'm especially happy when new pieces coordinate with existing ones, so everything sees more wear.

      Delete
  2. What lovely projects. That thinking cap is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cathie, I'm so very glad you like these projects.

      Delete
  3. I love this hat. How many stiches did you cast on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words, Taylor. I cast on 41 sts worked in a 3x3 slipped rib.

      Delete
  4. I love your thinking cap. Looks so simple, but I can see a lot of thought has gone into it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginx, you're so right. Simple often takes a bit of forethought, so it can be deceptive that way : )

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I read and enjoy each and every comment. If you have questions, share those too, and I'll do my best to respond.
-b