Categories

Jun 16, 2019

No Regrets

Not long ago, I ordered yarn for what will hopefully become a light-weight, season-spanning shawl worked in a rich rainbow of vibrant gemtones. (Charlemont by Valley Yarns)



Because the price was right and online color selection can be tricky, I included a safety skein of a subdued purplish shade in case some skeins refused to play well together. It's a perfectly lovely color, but as you can see, it's significantly softer and less saturated than the ones above.



While I have no clue what I'm going to do with this lone singleton, I have no regrets. With 439 yards to play with, there's plenty of latitude to either use it on its own or pair it with another wayward orphan or odd ball from stash. I'm willing to live with that uncertainty for now, while I focus on swatching and casting on the next big thing, my rainbow shawl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I read and enjoy each and every comment. If you have questions, share those too, and I'll do my best to respond.
-b