Categories

Sep 1, 2019

Hot Mess

In the US, it's not just a holiday weekend, it's the last major red, white and blue celebration of the summer. Combine that with the fact that several weeks ago, I publicly promised to finish two WIPs before I cast on something new, it seemed appropriate to devote some attention to this afghan.



Unfortunately, it looks like a hot mess right now. I'm tackling the border, which in this case means working with four pairs of circular needles, so knitting is quite the juggling act. Several times, I've gotten distracted and continued working past the point where it was time to switch to the next needle. Last evening, I did this not once but twice, which meant I spent almost as much time rearranging stitches as I did knitting.

Frustrating? Yes. Fiddly? Yes. But I'm trying hard to keep my eyes on the prize, the opportunity to cast on a much-wanted shawl once this project is off the needles.


If you're in the US, have a safe, relaxing holiday filled with family, friends and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I read and enjoy each and every comment. If you have questions, share those too, and I'll do my best to respond.
-b