A number of you have inquired when the pattern for Drumlin would be released, so this is a quick heads-up to let you know that it should be available within a week.
Here are a few Drumlin highlights:
- It's fast, easy and reversible.
- It features strip construction and is highly portable.
- The pattern is written for worsted weight yarn.
- It's the ideal way to turn one-skein yarns into something cozy and useful.
- It includes directions for three sizes (SML).
- It incorporates a handy Quick Reference chart to make modifications easy.
- It's simple enough for most moderately experienced beginners.
To anticipate your questions:
- Yes, I'll let you know the moment the pattern is released.
- Yes, there will be some special deals to add to the appeal.
The holidays are right around the corner. If I had to choose one afghan to make as a gift, it would be Drumlin. Why?
The fluted ridge stitch knits quickly, produces a completely reversible texture and is easy to memorize. These factors make Drumlin a remarkably speedy project: I can complete a compact version in about three to four weeks, which is astonishing since I'm a relatively slow knitter.
If you simply must start an afghan today, consider Twegen. The look is similar and it too is fast, easy and reversible. In the spirit of Thanksgiving, it's on sale now. (Sale price ends midnight November 30 EST.)
If you prefer to wait, you can see and read more about Drumlin here, here and here.
Happy Thanksgiving! To see lovely crafts and crafters, visit Frontier Dreams,Small Things, Natural Suburbia and Wisdom in Wonder.