Categories

Nov 15, 2013

FO | Owl in the Family

This project has been a small diversion that I've been working on in the background. As you well know, my knitting tends to be fairly straightforward which helps explain why "simple, fast and easy" is my favorite knitting phrase.

This project meets that essential criteria, with an added bonus. The pieces are pure whimsy, nothing more. Here they are, unblocked and hot off the needles:

Papa, Mama and Baby owl can be used as coasters or hotpads or table toppers. I've been using them solely for decorative purposes, because I confess, they never fail to make me smile. Hope the same is true for you.

Highlights
Yarn: Cotton Fleece (Brown Sheep) and Four Seasons (Classic Elite)
Needles: US 8 (5 mm)
Yardage: 100+ yards (all from stash)
Ravelry notes: Here and here
Buttons: From stash

Have a good day and a lovely weekend.


2 comments:

  1. The Owl Family are adorable! Wouldn't they look so cute strung up on a string or knitted i-cord? Owl bunting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a hoot! Sorry, couldn't resist. Really cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I read and enjoy each and every comment. If you have questions, share those too, and I'll do my best to respond.
-b