Categories

Oct 2, 2016

WIP | Lucben Tidepool

The Lucben Rose afghan was so enjoyable to make, I broke my own rule and started another before the first was completely finished.

I'm glad I did. Fast, satisfying and soothing to work, this project is precisely what I need at the moment. 
Tidepool seems like a suitable name, since the current plan (always subject to change) is to have five shades of green and teal drifting on the diagonal across the surface.

If you're a slow knitter like me, you know just how rewarding it is to quickly see visible progress. In one week, Tidepool went from this:




To this:




To this:



Afghan | Lucben Tidepool
Yarn: Cotton Fleece (Brown Sheep)
Needles: US 8 (5 mm)
Yardage: 550 yards (approx)
Size: XS (car seat/stroller)

As always, I'm working strips rather than individual blocks. The regular color changes are motivating, and this version is scaled to serve as a car seat or stroller blanket, so it's growing at a gratifying pace. 

It's coming together so rapidly (comparatively speaking), I'm already toying with other possible color combos. Graduated greys? Shades of sand? A bevy of blues? I'm open to suggestions. 

Playing with color is always fun, but with Tidepool, Christmas trees and a stealth project on the needles, I'm going to stay strong and focus on finishing active projects before I cast on a another Lucben.

Probably. Maybe. Perhaps.



UPDATE
This pattern has been released:


10 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing this as it comes together.

    Regarding color suggestions: How about rainbow shades? (Keep in mind, I'm still going through a rainbow phase :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea, and a smart way to turn this simple design into a super stashbusting project.

      Delete
  2. The colors and the texture are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. I like the gradual gradient changes like light blue to a dark purple. Best of luck with your choice!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you been peeking? I have that exact combo roughed out in my idea file!

      Delete
  4. very pretty! I'm dying to start something new but I'm focusing on finishing what is on the needles right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I, too, am struggling to focus on finishing ... but I'm so tempted to cast on another Lucben or new pair of mitts ;)

      Delete
  5. It's looking gorgeous, I do like the colours you chose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, so far I'm pleased with how it's shaping up, but it's always a bit of a surprise once it all comes together ;)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I read and enjoy each and every comment. If you have questions, share those too, and I'll do my best to respond.
-b