Categories

Oct 29, 2018

Crystal Ball

The mission to make more mitts has become so firmly fixed in my mind, it's possible I'm getting a teensy bit carried away. 


One pair of mitts is ready for seaming and another is already on the needles.


Knit straight from stash in Valley Yarns Amherst worsted weight wool leftover from my Tikkyn Flagstone afghan, the first pair is worked in charcoal and ash, and the second in ash and light grey. This soft yarn has a slight halo, which tends to make the photos look somewhat blurred or out of focus. The image below shows the stitch more clearly. 

Both pairs are worked in the same slipped stitch, which produces a stretchy, syncopated rib. This stitch is not only easy, it's particularly fun to work, because it creates horizontal stripes (first photo) or vertical ones (second photo) depending on whether the contrast color is introduced on a right- or wrong-side row.

When these mitts are completed, I'll do a proper FO post. Meanwhile, you don't need a crystal ball to see the future. This stitch is so versatile and the results are so varied, I'll definitely be casting on another pair.


Connecting with the linkups in the sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I read and enjoy each and every comment. If you have questions, share those too, and I'll do my best to respond.
-b