Here are a few Drumlin highlights:
- It's fast, easy and reversible.
- It features strip construction and is highly portable.
- The pattern is written for worsted weight yarn.
- It's the ideal way to turn one-skein yarns into something cozy and useful.
- It includes directions for three sizes (SML).
- It incorporates a handy Quick Reference chart to make modifications easy.
- It's simple enough for most moderately experienced beginners.
To anticipate your questions:
- Yes, I'll let you know the moment the pattern is released. *See below.
- Yes, there will be some special deals to add to the appeal. *See below.
The holidays are right around the corner. If I had to choose one afghan to make as a gift, it would be Drumlin. Why?
The fluted ridge stitch knits quickly, produces a completely reversible texture and is easy to memorize. These factors make Drumlin a remarkably speedy project: I can complete a compact version in about three to four weeks, which is astonishing since I'm a relatively slow knitter. If want to learn about Drumlin and it's versatility, you'll find more examples here, here and here.
If you simply must start an afghan today, consider Twegen. The look is similar and it too is fast, easy and reversible.
* UPDATE: Holiday Sale!
The Drumlin Reversible Afghan pattern has been released. To celebrate, you can buy Drumlin and buy Twegen at a special holiday price for a limited time. (Remember, you can purchase patterns through Ravelry even if you're not a member.)