Categories

Jun 26, 2016

WIP | Making Rainbows

This design has been nestled in my portfolio for quite some time. There it might have remained, but our discussion on rainbow color combos triggered the realization it was time to translate this concept into action. Let's take a quick look.

The last time you saw this afghan, it was rather unprepossessing:


But within a very short time, it began to grow:



Gradually, the pile of strips grew, too:



Until one day, all of them were finished:


Seaming is moving forward at a steady pace, and I'm fighting the same battle I always fight. I'm eager to see this come together, but I'm forcing myself to work patiently. Experience has taught me rushing might get me to the finish line faster, but the end result tends to fall short of my expectations.


So far, I'm delighted with how things are shaping up. This design pairs one of my all-time favorite stitches with one of my go-to yarns (Cotton Fleece), and together they've produced a textured fabric that's light, drapey, and versatile enough for year-round use. Add in the rainbow shades, and it's the ideal antidote to the grey, rainy weather we've been having.


It's been fun working this afghan in tandem with Angletyn, because the contrast couldn't be more striking: Angletyn is bold and dramatic, this design is light, fresh and cheerful. Both are satisfying knits, but at this moment I'm relishing the undeniable magic of making rainbows.


UPDATE
The Tikkyn pattern has been released:


3 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! Love the look of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks awesome! The two-tone effect is really striking. Hooray for rainbows :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this pretty afghan.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I read and enjoy each and every comment. If you have questions, share those too, and I'll do my best to respond.
-b