Categories

Jan 18, 2017

Seeing Red

Not long ago I wrote about my blue streak, because it seemed as if every project that was planned, in-progress or recently completed was blue or featured blue flashes. That torrent of turquoise and blue was followed by a spate of colorful knits incorporating a range of rainbow shades.

Winter has arrived, which around here means cold temperatures, cutting winds and grey skies. To counter this, I long to wrap myself and everything around me in heartwarming red and all its variants from rose and ruby to berry and burgundy.

Over the past few years, you've watched me slowly but steadily build a collection of rosy items, so when these longings hit, there are plenty of options from which to choose. While I've left out many examples, it seems everywhere I look, I'm seeing red:


Scarves, Shawls & Wraps


Alaris Mixed Media

Dojeling Blackberry




Dojeling Wineberry


Plumberry Scarf (pattern in development)






Fingerless Mitts


Kintra Mitts Blackberry


Kintra Mitts Wineberry




Wyndfael Wine



Afghans & Throws

Angletyn Vivid




Drumlin Gemtones



Drumlin Nearly Neutral



Flashpoint Bold




Lucben Rose




Tikkyn Flagstone





Hearth & Home

Cloths
Christmas Trees




Sweet Hearts & Soft Spots



Apparently in my world, there's no such thing as too much red. Add in Valentine's Day which is on the horizon, and it's easy to understand why ...

These swatches jumped onto the needles:




These mitts are in progress:




And this yarn is clamoring to be cast on.



Do you, too, crave warm colors when the weather turns cold? Or do you have a favorite color that helps you battle the gloom of winter?



The embedded links take you to WIP and FO posts. If you're interested in any of these patterns, you can opt to read more about them or buy them here: Patterns.



4 comments:

  1. Love the yarn and everyone who came to my house yesterday was wearing red so you might be on to something there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What fun to have everyone spontaneously opt to wear red!

      Delete
  2. Funny, I do generally only wear red in the winter. Makes perfect sense, now that you mention it. It does have a warmth to it that is a little to intense in hot weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although I do wear red in summer, you're right, sometimes it can be too intense if the weather's hot.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I read and enjoy each and every comment. If you have questions, share those too, and I'll do my best to respond.
-b