Categories

Jul 12, 2017

WIP | Heatwave is Growing

We've experienced a few hotspells this summer, but so far nothing on the weather front has come close to a true heatwave. The same can't be said on the knitting front, where my Herlacyn Heatwave is coming along slowly but steadily. 

The last time you saw it, the first strip was less than half completed:



Since then, that strip has been finished. I know, I know. It doesn't look like much yet, but so far I'm pleased with how it's shaping up. From experience, I know blocking will cure the curl, relax the stitches and smooth out the wayward bumps.



Overall, the colors are also playing well together and the black background helps them pop, but there have been a few surprises. The original scheme included a partial skein of Cherry Moon (bright pink below), which turned out to be just a few yards short of what I needed. Because I wasn't in the mood for yarn chicken, I set Herlacyn aside, ordered more yarn and waited for it to arrive.
I get antsy if I don't have something on the needles, so while I waited, I made swatches for upcoming projects and the ombres and gradients series. Now the new yarn is in hand, strip two is on the needles and I'm back on track. (No photos yet, it's too gray and overcast to get a decent shot.)

A real heatwave saps strength and makes everyone generally miserable. The cheerful colors in my knitterly version, on the other hand, consistently make me smile. so I'm happy to say this particular heatwave is growing.


Looking for the pattern? Herlacyn is in development and the upbeat rainbow Valere is nearly ready for release.

Connecting with the linkups in the sidebar.

2 comments:

  1. Love the warm colors and looking forward to seeing how it all comes together. Knit faster :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Knitting as fast as I can, but there's no way around the fact that I'm a slow knitter so it's growing ... slowly :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I read and enjoy each and every comment. If you have questions, share those too, and I'll do my best to respond.
-b