Categories

Feb 12, 2018

Still Hatless

As part of the annual month-long Stash Knit Down Hatathon, I committed to making one or two hats. Easy peasy, right?

Well, this low-ball commitment has turned out to be quite a challenge. I don't knit hats often, but I've made more than a few and swatched this simple slip stitch multiple times, so I felt confident things were under control. Wrong! 

In an effort to get a very basic hat underway, I have over the course of the past week or so cast on five times, and somehow, I've managed to make every newbie mistake in the bookTwice, I cast on the wrong number of stitches. I've also chosen the wrong needle size, knit a basic ribbed edge that didn't work, and in one case, cheerfully knit along for some time before I realized I'd miscalculated the finished dimensions.


Between the gnashing of teeth and the croaking of frogs as I ripped, ripped, ripped one false start after another, knitting sessions were anything but quiet and peaceful. 

More than a week after I started, I'm still hatless. There's yet another attempt on the needles now, and while I very much hope this version will work, that remains to be seen!


Connecting with the linkups in the sidebar.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I read and enjoy each and every comment. If you have questions, share those too, and I'll do my best to respond.
-b