Categories

Sep 22, 2014

WIP | Coffee's Still Perking

The last time we discussed the coffee-colored version of Twegen, the strips had been bound off and were waiting to be assembled. Remember?


Knitting time is limited right now, but I’ve been steadily working on the simple tasks of seaming and edging.


There are ends to weave and it’s still unblocked, but progress has occurred.


Is it just me? At this stage, I'm always tempted to rush through the final steps and declare the project done. But weaving ends isn't one of my strongest suits, so my constant challenge is to slow down and work carefully to make the finishing as tidy and unobtrusive as possible.

Until every last end is woven, the coffee afghan will continue perking in the background. What’s on your knitting agenda this week?


UPDATE
The pattern for this fast and easy reversible afghan, Twegen, has been released.

10 comments:

  1. LINDO!
    Eu estou a tricotar um poncho ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should take your time. It is such a beautiful afgan that it deserves it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this one is coming along beautifully!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful images- great progress, can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This project looks simply wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I with you on not calling things done until everything is done - I hate weaving in ends too! It's looking beautiful though :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's gorgeous - I too am not brilliant at finishing off, so take your time and it will be worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that looks gorgeous - what technique are you using to seam the pieces together? Is it just a standard three needle bind off or something fancier? I love the way it looks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like it, Tamara. I use a modified version of the three-needle bind off for seaming.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I read and enjoy each and every comment. If you have questions, share those too, and I'll do my best to respond.
-b