Categories

Oct 17, 2012

Inwisibles

No, that’s not a typo. Yes, there is a backstory.

I happen to love screwball comedies from the 1920s, 30s, 40s. What can I say? Sometimes I’m shallow and simple.

In a charming little film called Easy Living (1937), one character keeps referring to “inwisibles” (known to the rest of us as sliding glass doors). He’s fascinated by them and thinks they’re a marvel (in 1937, they probably were).

That word and that character’s distinctive pronunciation of "invisible" keep coming to mind. I recently completed A Very Braidy Cowl, and while I was pleased with the end result, I've been thinking obsessively about ways to eliminate cable flare AND make the cast on/bind off edges “inwisible.”

Or at least unobtrusive.

Thoughts? Solutions? Recommendations? Things you’ve tried that worked? Things you’ve tried that failed?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I read and enjoy each and every comment. If you have questions, share those too, and I'll do my best to respond.
-b