Categories

Sep 6, 2013

Finishing

... but not finished.

Knitting time is still at a premium, but I've been plugging away at this project. It's my own simple design, the Breidan Lake afghan, featuring the reversible cable rib stitch that's so addictive easy and versatile.

The last time we saw this, I was wrestling with color issues and trying to decide whether or not to include a lovely teal in the mix. Based on your feedback, I decided to save the teal for another project and let the blue shades dominate here.

This pattern features strip construction, like the Breidan Baby blanket I made earlier in the year. I'm very fond of strip knitting, as you well know. It's highly portable, and because the rows are so short, it's easy to pick up and knit a quick row or two, no matter how chaotic the day may be.
As you can see, I'm using a three-needle bind off to join the strips. The technique isn't difficult, but I find it takes concentration to pick up the right number of stitches in the right way and to bind off with a consistent tension. In some respects, the biggest challenge for me is to remain patient and take it one step at a time.

With luck and a gentle wind blowing across the water, this will transition from "finishing" to "finished" quite soon.

I hope.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I read and enjoy each and every comment. If you have questions, share those too, and I'll do my best to respond.
-b