Categories

Dec 8, 2019

FO | Kintra Mitts Red Cash Silk

Well, that was a short-lived struggle! Just a few short weeks ago, I was determined to stay focused on the tasks already at hand, but then in a moment of distraction I found myself casting on yet another pair of fingerless mitts, and I realized I'd lost that battle.

And I'm glad I did. Just in time for the holidays, I have a pair of soft, silky red mitts to go with my recently completed Kintra cowl.



To change things up just a bit, I used the rich purple Cash Vero and a three-needle bind-off to seam the mitts with a kiss of contrasting color. Overall, I'm pleased with the effect, and should I grow tired of the purple, I can easily remove it and redo the seam with red.



Kintra Mitts
Yarn: Cash Silk (Zegna Baruffa), Cash Vero (Cascade)
Needles: US 8 (5 mm)
Yardage: ~96 yards
Size: M


For now, however, I like the purple accent, and because the cowl features a removable button, I can achieve a matching look by substituting a purple pompom for the black button. (Yep, it's the same one I made for the Wyndfael cowl, but it works just as well here.)




Christmas is only a few weeks away and there's still much to be done, but meanwhile, I'm ready for the season with my vibrant red cowl and mitts.



RELATED




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I read and enjoy each and every comment. If you have questions, share those too, and I'll do my best to respond.
-b